The Strategic Advisory Board (SAB) is a key part of the EU support mechanism for evidence-based and evidence-informed policy on biodiversity and ecosystem services, providing strategic advice to EKLIPSE.
The main roles of the Board are to follow the work carried out in the EKLIPSE project, provide advice on strategic decisions including the discussion of yearly budgets and thematic foci, and serve as ambassadors of the EU support mechanism.
The Board currently consists of eleven high-level experts from science, policy and society, and two ex officio members:
- Chair: Sybille van den Hove (Median)
- Stefan Leiner (DG ENV)
- Maria da Graca Carvalho (DG RTD SAM)
- Eszter Fay (EPRS)
- Ronan Uhel (EEA)
- Karl Falkenberg (EPSC)
- Yann Laurans (IDDRI)
- Senka Barudanovic (University of Sarajevo)
- Suzanne de Cheveigné (CNRS)
- Sue Collins (European Habitats Forum)
- Marie-Alice Budniok (Habitats Forum)
- Ex officio: Josefina Enfedaque (DG RTD)
Read the SAB's guidance note to learn more about our activities.