EKLIPSE news back to the theme
The aim of the EKIPSE Mechanism is to join scientists, policy-makers and others together to ensure that decisions taken at the European level that affect the environment are made with the best available knowledge. Currently, one main task is to establish the structures and processes for such a mechanism. In this context, the main challenge is to develop a mechanism which is flexible and durable and at the same time innovative. This mechanism should be handled in a responsible way in order to achieve evidence-based decisions when it comes to influence biodiversity and ecosystem services.
We would like to use the opportunity of this discussion forum to learn more about your expectations. So, please tell us what you think:
1) The EKLIPSE Mechanism is to be established as a science-policy-society interface. What do you expect from the mechanism and the facilitating team in terms of transparency, credibility and legitimation, as well as relevance?
2) What kind of outcomes do you expect from the three main elements of action within the EKLIPSE mechanism which are:
- Making use of the existing networks of knowledge holders from all fields of biodiversity and ecosystem services research (and beyond) and build a Network of Networks
- Establishing a process to address decision-makers' questions by synthesizing available knowledge
- Using horizon scanning and other techniques to identify research needs for the EU and other funders
Do you perhaps have any criteria in mind that might help to monitor if your expectations have been met?
We are looking forward to your contributions and also to the prospect of intensifying the exchange with all community members!
Thank you and best wishes,
Keywords: Policy, Stakeholders
REVIEW of Final draft synhesis report (Archived)