Expert group on CAP
2nd knowledge synthesis process: Understanding farmer uptake: What measures are most promising to deliver on supporting biodiversity and ecosystem services in the next round of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)?
The second Eklipse Working Group develops recommendations for CAP measures to improve biodiversity and related ecosystem services, with a focus on Ecological Focus Areas - a direct policy request from IUCN and the Swedish Board of Agriculture.
The call for experts resulted in 43 applications being received. The quality of applications was – as in the first call for experts – once again extremely high, and the final selection was very difficult. 11 experts with a broad range of expertise and EU-wide geographical representation have been selected.
The co-chairs of this group are:
- Davy McCracken (Scotland's Rural College)
- Eszter Kovacs (Corvinus University of Budapest/ University of Cambridge)
- Juliana Dänhardt (Lund University)
The other members of the expert working group are:
- Ioanna Grammatikopoulou (Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic)
- Doris Marquardt (European Environment Agency)
- Irina Herzon (University of Helsinki)
- Yves Zinngrebe (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen)
- Vasileios Gkisakis (Agroecologiki SP - Agricultural Research and Development)
- Calum Brown (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Amaia Albizua (Basque Centre for Climate Change)
- Ilona M. Otto (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research)
The first expert working group meeting took place in Brussels on July 24th 2017. During this kick-off meeting, the group ensured common understanding of the request and developed a working plan among experts and planned their work over the next five months.
Further background information on the EWG and the request can be found in the Document of Work (DoW).