Conferences and events
- Webinar on Nature-based Solutions: Pandora box or reconciling concept?
BiodivERsA and EKLIPSE are pleased to invite you to participate to a webinar on “Nature-based Solutions: Pandora box or reconciling concept?”
The webinar will be held on Wednesday, 4th of October 2017 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (CET).
There will be presentations from five speakers, followed by a Questions and Answers session.
- BiodivERsA - Hilde Eggermont: Framing of the Nature-based solutions Concept and guidance for effective implementation
- IUCN - Radhika Murti: Examples of Nature-based solutions
- European Commission, DG R&I - Sofie Vandewoestijne: Examples from current EU funded demonstration projects
- Workshop participant: Testimonial on the Social Innovation and Nature-based Solutions workshop (TBC)
- EKLIPSE - Carsten Neßhöver: Presentation of Research needs identified in Social Innovation and Nature-based Solutions workshop
The workshop is free, but registration is mandatory as places are limited.
If you wish to participate, please register by completing this form.
Instructions for accessing the webinar will be sent by email after validation of your registration.
About the webinar
The webinar is organised jointly by BiodivERsA and EKLIPSE, as a follow-up of the Joint Foresight Workshop "Social Innovation and Nature-based solutions" that was held in Brussels in December last year. The workshop highlighted a high potential for Nature-based solutions (NBS) to address environmental and social challenges. However, it also showed that NBS are not very well known as a concept especially as many organisations may already be working on similar approaches but under different names. As a consequence, EKLIPSE & BiodivERsA would like to further support the debate with this webinar to bring some background on the plurality of views and the existing typology, to illustrate that with examples, to explain a few key principles for effective implementation, and to identify limitations and remaining questions.
The main objective will be to stimulate exchange on Nature-based solutions and to further raise awareness on the results of the Workshop on Social innovation and Nature-based solutions in particular on the debate on NBS typology, benefits and limitations. The expected target audience would be composed of researchers, policy-makers, practitioners and businesses interested in knowing more about Nature-based solutions.
EKLIPSE is a H2020 funded project that aims to develop an innovative and self-sustainable EU support mechanism for evidence-based and evidence-informed policy on biodiversity and ecosystem services. A major function covered by EKLIPSE is the identification of research needs and emerging issues.
BiodivERsA is the network of national and regional programmers and funders of research on biodiversity, ecosystem services and Nature-based solutions from 21 European countries. It elaborates a strategic vision and implementation plan that identifies priority topics and actions to be jointly addressed over the coming years. BiodivERsA is funded under the Horizon 2020 programme as an ERA-NET COFUND scheme.
- EKLIPSE's first joint science-policy-society conference was held on December 7-8 2016 in the Belgian Science Policy Office, Brussels. Click here for details.
- EKLIPSE, EPBRS and BiodivERsA jointly organising a foresight workshop in Brussels on 6-7 December 2016 on « Social Innovation and Nature-Based Solutions: What knowledge is needed to face future societal challenges and emerging issues ? » Click here for presentations and report.