The impacts of artificial Electromagnetic Radiations on wildlife (flora and fauna)
What do we know?
What are the knowledge gaps?
EKLIPSE organised a web conference from Monday 22nd of January to Thursday 25th of January 2018.
EKLIPSE invited a wide range of experts from different disciplines to discuss the current knowledge on the effects of Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) on wildlife. The aim was to highlight the current state of the art in this field, to identify knowledge gaps related to the impacts on different taxonomic groups, to discuss the technical aspects and methodologies used in current studies, and to identify and prioritize key research needs and policy recommendations.
LATEST NEWS - The two reports related to the web conference are now available:
1/ The Current Knowledge Overview report explains the work done by the Expert Steering Group in analysing a representative set of the peer-reviewed literature and include their findings which consist of:
- a list of the main results extracted from the studies
- an assessment of the quality of the reviewed papers and studies
- the identification of knowledge gaps
2/ The Web Conference report outlines the outcomes of the discussions that took place during the web conference and consists of:
- feedback from the participants on the first document
- lists of research needs and policy recommendations identified by the participants
You will find below the slides of the presentations that were made along the week:
Monday, 22nd January at 16:00 CET. Introduction session.
- Estelle Balian - Introduction to EKLIPSE, the request by Buglife, and the web conference
- Lise Goudeseune - Introduction on the background document
Tuesday, 23rd January at 13:30 CET. Thematic session on Plants.
- Alain Vian - Introduction on the analyses for Plants
Tuesday, 23rd January at 16:00 CET. Thematic session on Vertebrates.
- Pascal Malkemper - Introduction on the analyses for Vertebrates
Wednesday, 24th January at 16:00 CET. Thematic session on Invertebrates.
- Thomas Tscheulin - Introduction on the analyses for Invertebrates
Thursday, 25th January at 16:00 CET. Transversal elements and conclusions.
- Estelle Balian - Introduction to the Final session
- Lise Goudeseune - Presentation of the transversal research needs
- Jorge Ventocilla - Presentation of the transversal policy recommendations
The video recordings of the web conference are available on the EKLIPSE Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmbLthY1JfSqlZr6jAXX636u7QubldI4d
If you have attended the web conference, please leave your feedback through our evaluation form.
If you registered to the web conference, but could not attend it, do not hesitate to let us know why: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you would like to share links or publications, or to continue discussions on the topic, feel free to use the dedicated thread on our KNOCK Forum. Note that registration is required to post messages.