Supporting business to go beyond regulation for biodiversity back to the theme
Many thanks to all who have provided important feedback to our call for knowledge on our "business request". We are now in a process of evaluating policy and stakeholder relevance and further improving the request and thus we'd appreciate to have your thoughts or comments on that (for more information see the document).
The request was put to us by the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency and has increasing European policy relevance. It is focused on the following question:
"What are the advantages and disadvantages of existing approaches that environmental regulators can use to enhance environmental sustainability and improve outcomes for biodiversity of business operations, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises in the food and drink sector of Europe?"
Together with the requester we have further refined this request into the following three subquestions:
- What approaches can environmental regulators use to improve biodiversity outcomes of businesses?
- How do we know these approaches work / are effective in improving biodiversity outcomes?
- Which of these approaches work well under which conditions?
- conditions related to the national policy and legal context
- conditions related to corporate culture and mental mind-set
We are seeking your engagement to help us ensure consistency and relevance for policy and stakeholders in the European context, notably via answering two questions from your experience:
- Is the request policy relevant and will provide added value beyond what is already existing?
- Are we asking the right questions or where should we put the focus to make it most policy relevant?
Your participation would greatly contribute to the development and future action on this topic. We would appreciate to have your feedback directly in this forum (or feel free to contact us at email@example.com).
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question, comments/ suggestions and we hope to hear from you very soon,
Marianne on behalf of EKLIPSE Team
The aim of the EKLIPSE project is to create a network of knowledge and to facilitate a mechanism that provides the best available knowledge and experts to answer requests from decision makers from policy and practice. For more information on EKLIPSE please visit the website www.eklipse-mechanism.eu or watch the Youtube video https://youtu.be/eGvz4cBJEWI explaining the process how EKLIPSE answers a request.
REVIEW of Final draft synhesis report (Archived)